my editors.

1.08.2011

for my brother.

Today is my brother Madison's 20th birthday.

I decided to write him a letter.

It is not a story idea, but I felt that I should share with you all.

For a Special Someone

Madison,

You’re 20.

The age I never thought you’d be.

The age where you go from immature teenage boy to adult.

The age where you sound like an older man.

I wish I could jump in your arms today and wish you “happy birthday”.

I wish I could see your face in person.

I wish I could make a homemade present and give it to you when we go out to dinner, like we always did on someone’s birthday.

But I can’t.

You’re out doing the world a favor.

You’re serving a mission.

Though waking up in a small Austin, Texas apartment with only your companion there isn’t the ideal birthday…

…it sure sounds fine to me.

I just want to say thank you for always being there for me.

You always made me laugh at the littlest things.

You were someone I could brag to all my friends about.

You were my personal tickle monster.

Even though you said very few words, being the quiet guy you are, I always appreciated you.

I’ve always thought your name was cool, even if it sounded like a girl’s.

I am not one who expresses their feelings whenever they can.

In fact, I can’t even tell people how much I love them even when I really want to.

But right now I just want to tell you, my brother, that I love you; I always have, and I always will.

Keep up the good work, Maddy-boy.

Love,

Abigail Alice Mangum
Your favorite little sister

♥ Abigail ♥

1 comment:

  1. What I'm about to say is so unrelated, But I hd an idea for a story you could write, You can do a doll before getting bought (and after) Like she can talk to othr dolls, etc. Idk.

    ReplyDelete