my editors.

12.31.2010

idea #1 - gifts.

As I was lying in bed last night, an idea popped into my head. Quickly I wrote it down in my handy dandy journal. It was about a girl with a gift that would forever change her perspective of life. I am not yet sure what that gift is, but here is what I have so far:

There is something inside me that is dying to escape. But I can't figure it out. My whole life has been an unsolved mystery. It never occurred to me that I had an incredible gift, one that could possibly change my life forever. Then one day, as I was flipping through an old yearbook, it hit me.

It was a photo of me in seventh grade. I stared at it for what seemed like hours. That was me? The nerdy girl who always her nose in a book? This couldn't be real. Negative. No. Never. Nada. But there it was, in clear sight. That photo held all the proof.

I was painting.

Painting something spectacular, something that deserved more than an A+. I was painting somebody's future.

So, what did you think? It was just a blurry idea that came into my mind at 1 in the morning, just as I was about to doze off. 

Here is where the question comes in: What should the gift be?

COMMENT BELOW! I NEED YOUR CRITICISM! 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd read it, but some parts just up there might confuse he reader. Like, I don't get what she meant by she was painting someone's future. If you talk about that a bit more and explain it, It might be pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was confused at myself, too. I was trying to leave the reader wondering what could be next, but I guess all it does it puzzle you. Thank you for the criticism!

    ♥ Abigail ♥

    ReplyDelete