my editors.

3.17.2011

national junior honor society.

I am trying out for National Junior Honor Society, or NJHS. We have to write a huge essay describing clubs and groups we've been in, our academic successes, and past service projects. Unfortunately I completely forgot about the separate essay we were supposed to take after school today, so I probably don't have a chance now. But here is a part of the essay on which I worked extremely hard.

Citizenship and Character

            I am proud to be an American citizen; I do not take freedom for granted. I am grateful that I can practice my religion without being punished, that I can speak my mind freely, that every citizen has equal rights, and that we have a strong military. I am committed to being a good person. I am very outgoing, and I seek to help others in anything they need. For example, I helped a struggling classmate with their homework last week, and I am willing to answer any questions or concerns that my schoolmates have. At school I am known as a person that people can go to for personal advice and encouragement. I am a cheerleader for my friends! I consider myself to be a positive, happy, upbeat person. I strive to have high moral values, including honesty, clean language, respecting my parents, and avoiding negative behaviors and influences such as drugs and alcohol. 

How's THAT for an essay?!

♥ Abigail ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment